CCCares @ Canberra College
CCCares @ Canberra College is a program for
pregnant and parenting students from the ACT
and surrounding districts.
We provide flexible delivery of learning and content, towards the receipt of an ACT Senior Secondary Certificate
and certified competency based training.
CCCares @ Canberra College offers:
* a holistic health service provision in partnership with ACT Health;
* links with external agencies to provide
advocacy and support;
* on-site adjunct childcare;
* easy access for CCCares students to additional
curriculum offered within the mainstream program;
* close proximity to Woden Plaza for work
At CCCares we have:
* A Virtual Enterprise environment, which enables the
delivery of Business Administration and associated
* A Hair & Beauty salon, fully equipped and functioning
with hair washing points, cutting and styling chairs,
and a nail centre. Students can be involved in competency based training combined with hands on experience.
This space also enhances student personal grooming,
presentation at interviews and how to look good for
* A Focus Group room for courses such as Children's Services where students will be engaged in theoretical activities and then engage with our babies and children in our adjunct care environment gaining practical experience and associated competencies. This training and input from students
studying their Certificate III in Children's Services also
enhances the operation of our daily program for the
babies and children of CCCares.
* A Hospitality suite and coffee nook which will enable the
delivery of vocational
competencies from a
variety of packages.
* "Home kitchens" to teach good old home cooking to our young mums and dads.
CCCares offers transportation to students and their children from their homes to school and back again each school day.
CCCares uses Personalised Learning Plans to:
* develop the social and emotional
intelligences needed to become
connected to their chosen community
* improve student's literacy, numeracy
and IT skills
* work to develop an awareness of local and
* provide a supportive environment which
encourages young people to identify and
manage their personal circumstances
* design Pathways Plans with young parents
to develop the necessary skills and personal strengths they need to become marketable and employable in the future, thereby assisting
our young people to become financially
Inside and outside spaces for parent and child to maximise fine and gross motor skills development, learn how to "play" in an appropriate and safe manner and experience the joys of being outdoors
CCCares@ Canberra College would like to acknowledge the
ongoing assistance it receives from its numerous supporters
across the ACT community.
Contact:CC CARES Deputy Principal
Phone: (02) 61423 464
Useful link to the Australian Young Pregnant and Parenting Network